Av. Brasil 369
Lezama Park is one of the many traditional walks in the City of Buenos Aires, located in the San Telmo neighborhood, and home to the National Historical Museum. Some historians believe that the first foundation of the city was made in this place by Pedro de Mendoza in 1536, abandoned a year later due to famine, disease and hostility from the Querandí tribes.
The land belonged to different owners until, in 1857, it was bought by the landowner from Salta, Gregorio Lezama, who imported exotic trees and plants and hired European landscapers to design one of the most luxurious private gardens of the time. Her widow, Ángela Álzaga, sold the land to the commune in 1894 on the condition that they become a public promenade named after her husband.