Bus turístico de la ciudad de Buenos Aires

Retiro

Home » Tour » Recorrido Amarillo » Retiro » Galerías Pacífico
Buy Tickets
See routes

YELLOW TRAIL

Av. Córdoba entre San Martín y Reconquista (parador:dársena)

The building that houses the Galerias Pacífico, one of the main shopping centers of the City, deserves to be visited for its beautiful facilities and, mainly, for its magnificent dome, decorated with murals by prominent Argentine painters: Antonio Berni, Lino Enea Spilimbergo , Demetrio Urruchúa and Juan Carlos Castagnino.

Located in the San Nicolás neighborhood, in the heart of the Center (Córdoba and Florida Avenue), it was built by the architects Emilio Agrelo and Raúl Le Levacher in 1889, to house the Au bon Marché stores (at the same time that they began to other department stores such as Harrod's and Gath & Chaves will emerge). However, it was never used for its original purpose and, shortly after its unsuccessful inauguration, it was sold to the Buenos Aires-Pacific railway, which finally gave it its current name (between 1896 and 1940 it housed the facilities of the National Museum of Fine Arts and then, in 1944, it was modified by the architects Aslan and Ezcurra).

After several years in a state of abandonment, the building was recovered in 1990 to turn it into the original project of a shopping center. Reopened two years later, today it is one of the most frequented shopping centers in the City.

Galerías Pacífico

Bus ETA Distance

Visit our other stops!